A blog about our love of Hiking. Gear we like, tips and tricks we've learnt and walks we love

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why "We Love Hiking"?

I decided late one night to start a blog about our love for hiking.

Maybe it is a crazy idea or maybe it is a great idea, I guess time will tell.

My goal is to give people out there the same bug that my wife and I have been bitten with. (and i don't mean leeches, ticks, march flies, mosquitoes or ants etc) We love hiking.

My wife and i have been married for 17 years and have three teenagers. We aren't old but we aren't exactly spring chickens either. I wanted something that my wife and i could enjoy together and at the same time keep us fit and active and allow us to spend more quality time together.

So we embarked on hours and hours of research into hiking gear, equipment, tracks, tips and tricks. We have now begun our hiking adventures and i will aim to share as much of it as i can including as many of the little tips and hints that we have picked up along the way as i can remember.

Along the way I have found many fantastic hiking and outdoor blogs and websites and in time i will share them with you.

We live in South East QLD, Australia. I scoured the net and struggled to come up with a lot of info on hiking in south east QLD even though there are some world class tracks and some of the most beautiful country in the world.

A last word to anyone who may read this. I am not claiming to be any sort of expert but i hope that you can get something out of my rambling and maybe pick up some of the joy that my wife and I have had on our hiking adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment